Before attempting to perform complex and costly repairs on a PCB, it is often worthwhile to first check the state of any EPROM, EEPROM, and flash EEPROM memory chips. We have specially developed measuring instruments and analysis algorithms for this purpose, which perform a thorough inspection of every memory cell at the level of individual bits, often enabling successful data recovery
We offer the following data recovery service for EPROMs, EEPROMs, and flash EEPROMs to both commercial and private customers
- Before the initial analysis, we create a back-up copy of your memory chip.
- We inspect each memory cell in the chip under a wide range of different operating conditions to identify any irregular behaviour.
- Any memory cell errors that we find are corrected, unless they are irreparable (see below).
- We then return the original memory chip to you, or if necessary provide a freshly programmed replacement chip.
- The results of the analysis are fully documented in a test report.
Click here for the order form.
69€, requires approx. 1-2 working days after receipt of goods
If a more serious error is found that affects not just isolated memory cells but the whole memory system, e.g. permanent failure of data or address lines, or damage to the structure of the chip, data recovery will unfortunately not be possible. The only remaining recourse in this scenario is to make a copy of another working memory chip, e.g. from another machine in your company.
- Fill out and submit the order form
- Receive a payment request by email and pay in advance, e.g. by PayPal
- Place the memory chip in packaging that protects against electrostatic discharge (ESD) and send it off